Page banner image

Closed Pool Party (and other updates)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Robert on February 24, 2023 at 07:41:54

Hi everyone.

I haven't posted in a while - I was mostly put off by my previous story "Snow Day" being deleted as I'm not sure what I said in it that was not acceptable... Whenever a post gets deleted, unless it's obvious spam, there should be some sort of comment about why, so those of us that take the time to write them can correct issues.

Anyway, here's hoping this one doesn't get deleted as it's a good one!

The local community centre in our town has a nice indoor pool that's open (mostly) year round. Well, 11 months of the year. They have an annual shut down every April where they drain the pool and do lots of cleaning and maintenance and such before reopening again in May and in time for the busier summer season. I think you may know where this is going.

Sam came home from school today - he'll be 15 this year, by the way - and he was so excited I had to calm him down.

"Hey Dad! You'll never guess what I found out!" Sam said talking a mile-a-minute.

"Slow down, Sam, jeez. What'd you find out?" I asked him.

He smirked at my comment and replied, "the pool in town is closing for a month!"

I was confused at that comment from him and didn't understand his excitement at that right away. "Yeah, uh, so? You don't really use the pool anyway," I said.

"I know that, but I went inside and I asked them if we could rent the pool right after the last public swim before they close it. They said yes!" said Sam, speeding up his talking again.

Just as he was saying this, Robbie, who was already home, came out of his room, thinking he overheard something interesting. "What's this about a pool party?" asked Robbie.

"The pool's closing for a month and they said we could have a party after the last public swim. You know, a 'fully clothed' pool party," said Sam, who used air quotes on 'fully clothed'.

"Did you ask them? They're usually pretty strict about clothes in the pool. I went there once last summer and tried to wear a shirt in the pool and they said no," said Robbie.

"Yup, already asked. The last public swim is on March 31st, and they said we could have a fully clothed party on April 1st," said Sam.

"Are you serious?" asked Robbie.

"Yes! It's not an April Fools joke!" said Sam.

I was also pretty surprised about this, as Robbie is right - this pool in town doesn't even like people wearing basketball shorts or board shorts - strictly swimwear. They've even balked at legit swim shirts and said that the guys have to be shirtless. Look, I completely understand about hygiene and the clogging of pool filters, etc., but I'll tell you one thing - this is a public pool. Public pools I like to call germ pools, so one person wearing a clean shirt in the water is not going to do anything to their water quality. Anyway...

I called the pool just to be sure they were correctly understood, and they said that yes we could have the party, and that Sam seemed quite excited about having such a party. I told them that both my boys kinda like to get wet with their clothes on for fun, and that doing something like this with their friends, without getting in trouble, would kind of be a dream come true. So the pool booked us in for a party from 11 AM to 1 PM on April 1st. They'll let anyone wear anything they want, even if stuff would ruin the water quality completely. Because at 1 PM, they are beginning the draining of the pool.

I'll keep everyone posted about this upcoming event since I know Robbie and Sam are going to plan it right down to the shoe laces (sarcasm, ha ha). I'm actually looking forward to maybe joining them, as I haven't had a good soaking in years.

___

Just a couple of quick updates since the Snow Day story that got deleted. Robbie and Sam have been volunteering with the Legion in our town for their high school community service hours requirements. Sometimes they end up waiting on tables, sometimes they do dishes. Well, Robbie got assigned to dishes one day, and made sure he got himself well soaked. The most interesting part was that the girl who was there to wait on tables got sick part way through her shift and had to go home (they think it was an allergy to something, but her eyes and throat started to swell up - it wasn't a pretty sight; she's fine now, by the way). Well, Robbie had gotten almost full soaked (he was wearing grey jogging pants which were clearly soaked, and a white t-shirt) when the boss asked him to go out and wait on tables for a bit. When the boss saw him he said, "boy you got more water on you than is left in the sink" or something like that. Robbie said he smiled and went to grab the iPad for the orders. Then the boss told him, "look kid, it looks like you p***ed yourself, do you have any spare clothes?", to which Robbie said, "no, but I could get my entire pants soaked which wouldn't look that way." Boss agreed that it would look better than just soaked down the front. So Robbie filled up the other sink, went into it (shoes and all), dunked his head under, and came back out - to a boss who looked at him like he wanted to fire him (but couldn't).

"Now what're you gonna do?" said the boss.

"Go wait on tables," said Robbie.

"Uh, you can't like that, you'll leave water everywhere," said the boss.

"Just let me handle that," said Robbie, confidently.

So Robbie went out for the next 2 hours, fully soaked, and waited on tables, brought food out, etc., all with his fully soaked Air Jordans, jogging pants, and t-shirt. Lisa and I went there that night for dinner (it's open to the public) after Robbie had already started waiting, and we saw him. He definitely looked soaked, and was the talk of the people. Mostly because he was telling them that he was washing dishes first and "kinda fell", so it looked like he p***ed himself, so he decided to just soak everything to even out the wetness. He got lots of tips that night because a lot of people seemed to feel bad for him.

We enjoyed our dinner, and waited until the end of his shift to drive him home. He got home and went straight into the shower as he was. "I smell like kitchen," was his excuse. He got even more soaked, and came out of the shower, down the hall and to the living room, audibly squelching, and said, "hey Dad, do I still smell like kitchen?"

I walked over to him, gave a whiff around, and said, "No, you smell like teenage boy." I smirked and laughed (it was a joke), then said, "you're making a mess on the floor," and waved my hand for him to go back into the bathroom. Lisa got a mop and cleaned up the puddle as Robbie squelched back into the bathroom.

___

Sam's had a couple of wet events too since the Snow Day story. I think he's actually becoming more of a wackywetter than Robbie, because he decided it would be fun to get dressed twice each morning - once when he got out of bed, to have breakfast, then have his shower (in those clothes), and once again to change out of the wet clothes. He wore shoes many times too, ha ha. One time, he was running so late for school, that he just decided to go while soaked. I told him he should change when he got there (it's COLD outside), and he said, "I might" (he did, by the way).

I'll write more about another Sam event later, as there's another one that's more significant. But I'm really looking forward to this party on April 1st. I'll definitely write here about how it went, and I'll take notes about what everyone is wearing, etc. in order to post that. I suspect Robbie or Sam will in fact insist that there be some sort of "best soaked clothes" prize or something like that, ha ha.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]