Page banner image

Universal Studios Orlando Reconnection

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ZakAttack on February 07, 2023 at 03:34:43

I have to tell you all about my recent reconnection of my best wet friend growing up, all thanks to fate lending a wet hand at appropriately the wettest ride at Universal Studios Orlando.
I grew up and graduated from High School in South Florida, I was lucky enough to grow up in a house with a secluded heated pool in the backyard, one that I took full advantage of almost daily upon discovering the joys of swimming fully clothed somewhere around the age of 12. But but before I go on I guess a little backstory is needed, so here goes!
The summer before my senior year in High School I met another Wacky Wetter, who at the time was a frequent poster on this site, I checked WW everyday hoping for another posting from him, I was soooo jealous of his fun.
So one day I got up the nerve and I finally emailed him, to my surprise he lived just 5 miles away from me. I’ll refer to him as “C”.
We exchanged numbers and decided to meet for lunch at our local Hooters. I arrived there a little early and got a seat on the outside covered patio overlooking the parking lot, C told me he had a Jeep, so I was watching the cars pull in. Now mind you,this was a typical South Florida summer afternoon,meaning that it was pouring down buckets of rain. I sat there passing the time enjoying watching the people get soaked running in from their cars to the entrance.
And then I spotted a Jeep pulling in, and laughed because it had no top or doors! It pulled into the parking space just outside of where I was sitting, the driver and passenger were totally drenched, and I got “the stirring” in my jeans at the sight of them, their clothes were drenched and see thru and plastered to them. As soon as I saw the blonde hair on the driver I realized that this was C!
I stood up, walked over to the patio rail, raised my hand and called his name. I’ll never forget, he jumped out of his Jeep wearing tan cargos and a Hawaiian shirt, and he just casually walked up to me, totally ignoring the monsoon like rain, and said “ Feel like going for a ride to the beach?” I didn’t hesitate and hopped over the little fence, and jumped into his Jeep, and then introduced me to his friend Sean. I jumped into the back seat, and by the time he pulled out of the parking lot I was totally drenched (and excited!) I was wearing my brand new Levi’s and t-shirt, I noticed Sean was dressed the same as me. Both looked so effin hot all soaking wet, I couldn’t stop laughing. We drove to the beach, getting stares and honks at every red light.
By the time we got to the beach the rain had stopped,it was now sunny and 90* , gotta love South Florida weather! It felt so good just sitting together all soaking wet, people walked by and didn’t even seem to notice.
We all hit it off instantly, and we all talked for 2 hours sitting on i picnic table in the shade. Finding out that we all have similar tastes in swimwear, especially C and me with our love of dressier clothes and suits, while Sean was more of a jeans and hoody type.
I suggested we go for a swim at my house since my parents were on the middle of a 10 day cruise, and I had the house and the pool to ourselves. It was a day to remember!
Jump ahead 5 years: C myself and Sean all remained friends, pretty much getting wet in everything in our closets and drawers over the years.
I had graduated from High School, started College, and found that it just wasn’t for me so I dropped out and joined the Air Force. During that time period I spent most of my 8 years overseas. With my parents usually visiting me for Holidays so I wouldn’t waste the majority of my leave time traveling. Never making it back to South Florida the entire 8 years.
After 8 years I finally came home, and I found that C had moved away, and sadly I found out that Sean had died a horrible death a few years back. I stopped at C’s old house, but the new owners had no contact info for C,and I had no way to contact him since his old Email was inactive and I couldn’t find his phone number anywhere because my parents threw out all my old obsolete phones.
Jump to last week: So I got a job flying out of Orlando Airport and moved up to Central Florida.
Me and a friend decided to hit Universal Studio’s for the weekend since we both had just bought season passes. My favorite ride has always been the Popeye water ride (of course it is!) where you are almost guaranteed to get drenched, as I was standing on the revolving deck that passengers are loaded onto the boats, I noticed a guy with blonde hair a few boats behind ours, and when he turned I couldn’t believe it! I screamed his name, and he screamed mine, we ran to each other and I think we hugged for a solid 5 minutes. Both of our friends joined us, neither knowing the other, nor our secret bond. We spent the next 2 days reconnecting at Universal Studios, even having some fun in the Royal Pacific’s hot tub west C was staying.But that’s another story.
Turns out C also has a season pass to Universal, and lives on the coast, just 30 minutes away, sadly, he gave up Jeeps for something a little more sporty.
In conclusion: How profound it is that the wettest ride in Orlando brought back a friend into my life that I truly missed, or as C said to me a few times “Like attracts like, universal law”

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]