Page banner image

Accidentally got soaked in cold, icy water

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 74KA on January 06, 2023 at 00:36:28

I was visiting my mom over the holidays. We got some crazy weather. First a bunch of snow, then it got real cold, then it warmed up and the snow started to melt and we got a bunch of rain. One day it was kind of half-raining half-snowing and I went out to shovel the driveway so it wouldn't ice over. At the end of the driveway I stepped over a pile of snow that the plow had pushed there, and didn't see that it was disguising a pretty deep puddle of half frozen half melted slushy muddy water. It immediately soaked through my boot and sock, and it was pretty darn cold- so I was startled and tripped and slipped and I'm sure it would have looked pretty funny to anyone who might have been watching, but I totally fell and soaked both feet and my jeans. I was also wearing a t-shirt, hoodie, a light jacket and a stocking hat. I only got wet up to about my waist though. My first thought, as I was sitting there in the freezing water was, "oh shoot." My second thought was "wait, this isn't so bad" since I do kind of enjoy cold water. But then after a couple more seconds of sitting there my third thought was "no, this actually sucks." So I got up and slipped my way back to the house to go in and warm up. My mom's house has a real stupid layout where right inside the front door is carpet, so if you're wet or dirty you risk ruining the carpet. She has a little mat there where you can slip off your shoes, but I was literally dripping with dirty slushy water and she would not have been happy with me if I got that on the carpet. So I'm standing on the front step just outside the door trying to pull off my boots, socks and jeans - keep in mind its still snowing/raining and its not exactly a quiet street where my mom lives, so the neighbors are out shoveling and driving and stuff, so I'm trying not to die of embarrassment. Once I got my wet clothes off I headed for my bedroom to get dry clothes then to the bathroom. I was just getting circulation back to my toes and figured, well, why not, and hopped in the shower in the rest of my clothes - the stocking cap, hoodie, t-shirt and my underwear. That felt pretty good, between being nice and warm and because I was at least half wearing winter clothes. Then, out of the shower and into dry clothes. Coming out of the bathroom and who do I see but my mom, back from her trip to the grocery store. "Um... why is there a pile of frozen jeans, boots and socks on the front step?" she asks me. I didn't have much reason to lie to her, and I figured a nosy neighbor would tattle on me anyway, so I said that I slipped and fell in an icy puddle and soaked all my clothes. My mom laughed pretty hard at that, then told me to go get my clothes off the porch before they froze solid. She didn't even thank me for shoveling the driveway! :-)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]