Page banner image

Weekend fun

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pete on July 13, 2022 at 04:21:54

This past weekend I had my brother Cole and his family (sister-in-law, niece and nephews) over for a long weekend. As I've said here before I work for a hospital, and on Saturday we had our employee picnic. It was a good time, lots of food and drink, music, bounce house for the kids, and of course a dunk tank. I signed up to do a shift in the dunk tank. When I got dressed that morning in a dress shirt and khakis, my gf sarcastically asked me "you signed up for the dunk tank, didn't you?" She knows me too well :-)

A new event this year was a pie-eating contest. They got some gummy worms candies and piled a couple scoops of chocolate pudding on top of them. The contestants had to fish the candy out from the pudding using only their mouths, not their hands. They did three rounds of the contest, the first for younger kids, then a round of older (high school aged) kids, then adults. I wasn't planning on participating, I think it was intended to be more of a kids vs parents thing, but my one nephew wanted to participate, and Cole and his mom reluctantly agreed. As you might imagine, it made an impressive mess, though they did give the kids plastic ponchos to at least spare their clothes the worst of the mess, and there were ample washclothes and towels for cleaning up. When they announced the adult round, my nephews and niece clamored for their dad to go, but he flat out refused. I spontaneously offered - I figured it wouldn't be a big deal, since I had a change of clothes with me anyway. So I take a seat at the picnic table, and they place this ENORMOUS pie in front of me. The kids all just got paper plates with a scoop of chocolate on them, but for the adults they brought out pie ties overflowing with pie filling. I figured, whatever!, and when they blew the whistle to start, I just smashed my face in there, totally onboard with making a huge mess. And a huge mess I did make, and thanks to the magic of cell phone cameras, my humiliation has been recorded from at least 7 different angles. And to make 100% sure I regretted my decision, both my gf and my brother grabbed some discarded pie tins and smushed the leftover pie across my hair, just to eliminate any chance of easy cleanup. Definitely put a smile on the kids faces though.

They had a hose that they used to fill the dunk tank, and I used that to rinse the stuff of my face as best I could. My scheduled turn in the dunk tank wasn't supposed to be for another hour or so, but... I had an idea. Some teenage kid was apparently supposed to go in the dunk tank next, and he looked very much like he was having second thoughts about the whole idea, nervously shuffling and taking a comedically lengthy time to empty his pockets and remove his socks. "Hey, man, mind if I jump in line and go next?" I asked him, and he couldn't have been more willing to delay his plunge into the icy abyss. So I kicked my shoes off and climbed onto the seat - my first time in a dunk tank in a whole year - and in no time at all my family, friends and co-workers were laughing at my falling in the water over and over again. Plus, it mostly got the last bits of chocolate pudding out of my hair. My nephews both wanted to go in the dunk tank themselves, but were denied due to not being old enough. Then they wanted to put their daddy in the dunk tank, but he steadfastly refused (the wimp!) Fortunately, a couple free shots at dunking their uncle Petey were enough to head off a major temper tantrum meltdown.

The next day, the kids wanted to go to a water park. The kids, who were still kind of peeved at their dad for not going in the dunk tank, were now cajoling him into going down the water slide. Cole was wearing a pair of jeans, a t-shirt and flip flops, and apparently had no intention of going in the water. But between his kids, his brother and his wife all pestering him to be a good sport and go down the water slide, he relented. I followed him up the staircase to the top of the water slide, and to my delight my gf joined me as well. The high school kid who was lifeguarding at the top of the slide gave Cole a silent "what the f---" look, and Cole muttered that his kids wanted him to go down the water slide. Upon hearing that, the lifeguard kid gave Cole a conspiratorial grin and motioned for him to go on down the slide. Cole stepped into the water at the top of the slide, soaking the cuffs of his jeans, and turned to give me a silent look, which I translated to mean "I don't know why I keep letting you talk me into stuff like this, but I guess it will be fun" - then scooted onto his butt and slid down into the splash pool at the bottom of the slide. I quickly followed, and then my gf come down after me. The rest of the day we spent doing the usual at-the-pool-with-the-kids stuff, seeing who could make the biggest splashes cannonballing off the diving boards, refereeing contests to see who could hold their breath the longest underwater, all the classic pool games. The kids were definitely happy to see their dad loosened up and having a good time!

That's all for now, I've been up to a few other hijinks as well that I'll get to sharing as soon as I have time.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]