Page banner image

What do you think about this?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Riley on June 28, 2022 at 02:40:05

This feels kind of like a fever dream and I'm still trying to process everything that happened. This all happened on Saturday, when my town had a little street fair setup on Main Street. I went down with my girlfriend and a few of my friends, and we're walking down the street and there's a dunk tank setup a couple blocks down. Naturally I want to get a closer look and see who's in there getting dunked. Well I was totally shocked to see it was a kid I knew named Alex. He's my age and we've been going to the same school since like 1st grade so I recognized him. Thing is, this kid is just about the biggest introvert you'd ever meet. In fact I bet he even has some severe social anxiety and probably even some kind of phobia about people and crowds. I mean he's a nice enough guy and I don't want to talk bad about him but just making the point that he's extremely extremely shy and quiet, and was just about the last person I'd expected to see in a dunk tank. I mean I don't think he's ever gone to a party with anyone from school, especially not a pool party or anything like that. He was just wearing a tshirt and gym shorts and no shoes. What was even more surprising was that he looked totally 100% chill and relaxed even when he would fall in the water. He wasn't shouting or doing anything to get the crowd riled up but he didn't seem to be shy or scared. Even my GF said "Wait is that ALEX up there?!" So I walked over to behind the dunk tank, and there was kind of a lull in the action and Alex scooted off the seat and turned around to talk with me. I asked him how he got roped into being in the dunk tank and he just calmly said they were looking for volunteers and he said he'd do it. Then another kid, James, walked over with his girlfriend. James was soaking wet in a rashguard and shorts so I figured he'd been in the tank too. James is also quiet and laid back but not to the point of social phobia like Alex (like James actually will hang out with us and is a nice enough guy but also someone who I didn't think would be in a dunk tank.) So I ask him how come he's doing the dunk tank and he pretty says what Alex said, that they asked for volunteers and he said he'd do it. I still didn't know who "THEY" was, who was running this thing and how "they" asked these two to volunteer to sit in the dunk tank. It was all very weird.

Anyway James says that he's ready to give Alex a break and go back in the dunk tank, but my friend Tommy says that he'd like to take a turn, so he kicks off his shoes and climbs in. Meanwhile Alex immediately goes back to being his usual ultra-shy self, leaning against a wall, shivering, and not really wanting to make small talk with me. Weird. Next, my GF says that she'd LOVE it if I went in the dunk tank. We just started dating and I haven't talked to her about my wackywet feelings so I was trying to play it cool. I also wasn't expecting to be in a dunk tank. I was just wearing a polo, undershirt, cargo shorts and flipflops. But I figured whatever, this day can't get any weirder, so I climbed up on the seat and got dunked several times. It was fun, kind of an odd feeling but I'd do it again.

But actually the day does get weirder. Tommy invites us all back to his place. We're all soaking wet and had a couple blocks to walk, so that was kind of fun and felt cool. To my surprise Alex came with us. Tommy has a big pool at his house and we observed that since we were already soaked it didn't make sense to change into swim trunks, so we all just jumped in. We played basketball for a little while, then after a while the girls had to head home and the other guys went inside to use the bathroom or something so it was just me and Alex in the pool. Alex climbed out and sat on the edge of the pool with his feet in the water and I went over to sit next to him. I kind of wanted to ask him what exactly was going through his mind during all this but didn't want to over-do it. So I just said something like how I wasn't expecting to be in a dunk tank today. Alex just nodded. I said it was pretty fun. Alex just said uh-huh. Then I said its kind of weird swimming in our normal clothes. Alex said that he actually thinks it feels good. I said well, I have a pool at my house and he's welcome to come hang out and swim if he wants, and actually a lot of our friends have pools and I'm sure we'd all be happy to hang out with him if he wants. I looked over and noticed that I think he MIGHT have been aroused, and he quickly fidgeted to adjust his t-shirt and I looked away, since I didn't want to embarrass him. He said oh, thanks that's nice.

Well that's about the end of it. My question is, do you think Alex is actually a shy wacky-wetter?? Or is there some other explanation. I'd actually really like to have a wackywet friend in real life but I'm not sure how or if I should try to talk to Alex about it, especially if I'm completely wrong about it!! What do you internet people think?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]