Page banner image

Day 2 and 3 the good and the bad.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Swimclothed on June 21, 2022 at 23:24:25

In Reply to: I went on water slides fully clothed posted by Swimclothed on June 19, 2022 at 21:36:42:

This is an update on day 2 and 3 of my trip to Kings Island water park. I want to point out that before my trip I called the park and told them I had a pair of shorts that were swimwear material but had a button and zipper fly on the front and wanted to make sure that was ok. The lady on the phone was very clear that any zipper or buttons even if they were plastic would not be allowed on the slides. I was just testing the water to see if my pants would be allowed. This is important towards the end of my story.

Day 2 was cloudy and in the low 80’s so I put on some boring board shorts that I look really good in and was able to ride anything I wanted without drama from any lifeguards. I later went to the bridge to get splashed and after two splashing the ride broke down so left. Last year they had a water sprinkler going in that area when it was hot but not this year.

Day 3 was full sun and in the 90’s. I put on my synthetic pants and shirt as described in my original post and got them wet in the kids section. I went to ride rides that I did on Sunday and the first lifeguard told me pants were not allowed. I explained to him that they were approved Sunday and didn’t have any problems and he let me go. What was strange is that he was having everyone spin around to check their shorts for rivets and he never checked me. Almost like there was a brain overload with someone going down in their pants. The next body slide the lifeguard said the same thing and I explained the same thing and he told me they were trained that pants can snag on things and they were not allowed but he let me go anyways but didn’t want to get in trouble. I offered to let him call somebody. The next slide was one where you sit in a donut tube and that was no problem at all. Since it was so hot they were busy and I spent a lot of time in line. I decided to go to my favorite ride where the floor drops out. As I was waiting in line there was some drama up front and to find out the lifeguard was not letting a couple people get in line because they had cotton shirts on. A supervisor was called over who also would not let them on and they stormed off to see a manager. In their defense I have seen many people where cotton shirts on rides for years now. Anyways when I got to the lifeguard she asked me to turn around to check for metal and then told me that I could not wear pants (I figured since she had me turn around I would be in) I told her what I told others and she would not budge. She is by the book and she said that ride must have (boring) swim trunks. I saw the same supervisor again but did not have the guts to ask her so went into the wave pool after walking right past lifeguards. By then I was getting tired and still wanted to get splashed by the boat on the bridge on the other side of the park. So I got changed into dry jeans and since I had to wait on the train to take me to the other park I went to guest services with my wet pants to get some clarification. The very young kid didn’t seem to want to call a supervisor over like I wanted but went to their website and basically read word for word what they said and said what the lady over the phone said that no zippers or buttons even on the front and even if they are covered. It basically applies to body slides and not slides that have inflatables. I then went to the bridge to get splashed by the boats. Over all very boring with small kids in boring shorts until one boy about 8 in jeans was allowed by his parents to get splashed several times. Wish my parents were that cool.

Anyways, I am surprised no one has commented yet and almost didn’t type up an update but hope to see some feedback on what I should do tomorrow. I really like body slides which I guess I can’t do in these. I was honest when I said I have sensitivity to the sun. It would be best to keep myself covered. I will probably take my swim pants to the guest services and try to talk to a supervisor or manager to get maybe a different answer and if the answer is the same I can either be restricted to certain slides or wear boring swimwear. Just don’t see how a covered zipper and plastic button on the front that can’t contact the slide is an issue. As far as catching on the slide I could always pull them up while actively on the slide. This Wacky Wet thing can really take and add fun to things.

On the way to my hotel I decided to check out the pool from a hotel I went to pre covid to “see if the pool was heated” and I was so stunned that it was not that I fell in getting completely soaked. I then went to my hotel and since no one was in the pool I changed into a dry pair of jeans and went for a swim. Tomorrow I am going to check out another cheap hotel with a decent pool to see if it is heated. I don’t think I mentioned that one of the things I do is check out pool temps when I travel. A real shame I am so clumsy around water.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]