Page banner image

Re: "Rocking" the Boats

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on June 14, 2022 at 18:57:53

In Reply to: Re: "Rocking" the Boats posted by blueandwet on June 14, 2022 at 10:52:57:

I have had some really great experiences. I will tell you a secret: anyone of you reading this can have the same or similar experiences if you really want to. If you want action you have to go where the action is and take advantage of an opportunity when it arises. The catch is these are usually public events and venues and I know many of you are reluctant to get wet/muddy in public for fear of what others will think. I totally understand, I was this way myself and still am to a certain extent at times. There are many places and ways to get wet that I call "acceptable" and people do not object to. In fact most people enjoy seeing others get wet/muddy at these places and the more "insane" and unique you are the better they like it. This usually involves clothing or a costume of some sort. Get rid of the four letter "f" word and replace it with a three letter one - convert fear into fun!

I started off with dunk tanks at fairs and festivals. If you can do that you can do anything! Amusement parks often have splash rides where spectators get soaked. I have run in mud obstacle courses, done polar dips, been in river races and once went to a log rolling event. I wasn't very successful at that but I sure got wet!

Remember you can't just sit at home in your chair and wait for things to come to you. You have to seek them out and go to them hoping for the best. Sometimes things don't work out as planned, but they will never happen if you don't try. Yes, I have had some negative reactions to my WW episodes, but the truth is they have been few and far between. The positivity has far outweighed the negativity. I have met some very interesting people over the years and made some wonderful friendships because I swallowed my fears and took that initial step. My "dirty little secret" is no secret anymore. My picture has been in newspapers, magazines and social media. I have been videotaped and interviewed on tv. A far cry from where I began and what I feared most, but I got positive feedback. It was a gradual process but I discovered people really didn't care and most liked it. And if you do it for a charity event that really impresses people!

Any of you can go to your local boat ramp and do what I do. Sit there and watch the boats come and go. Believe me you will see the best and worst of humanity. When someone is having difficulties literally jump in and help them. If they comment on your wet clothes just say it's only water and they will dry. I have been doing this for years and people now look for me. One guy came up to me the other day and said people were asking if they had seen me because I hadn't been around. I know some people on a first name basis and have had people tell me how glad they are to see me back and how much they appreciate the help I give them. Note the emphasis is on the help and not the clothes, although they do make it much more interesting and memorable and even entertaining at times.

Regarding my cowboy garb it certainly is unique, especially here in Maine, but I love it. Many people walk up to me and ask me where I am from. They are surprised when I say right here in Maine as the common reaction is most folks think I'm from Texas. Surprise! Things aren't always what they seem. I just love the look and feel of western clothing especially when it's wet!

So if I had worn a standard bathing suit like everyone else I would have missed out on a lot. If I had been "normal" it would have been very boring life. If I had stayed in my shell I would never have got to know some very wonderful people. Think about it - the best posts that people enjoy reading here are those who go for the gusto and grab the opportunity when they see it and make the most of it. They literally dive in and don't think twice about it and don't have any regrets. You can too!

Last one in the pool's a rotten egg!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]