Page banner image

Boring Happenings - and Question for All

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Robert on April 17, 2022 at 23:23:09

I know I haven't posted a lot lately, but I just wanted to give a couple of updates about the "boring" stuff (this is other thank the bike ride incident I wrote about earlier - I was actually writing this first, but then that incident was less boring, ha ha).

In the few weeks, Robbie has gotten wet almost everyday - all in the shower, all including shoes, all with long pants. Sam has actually gotten wet a few times too - in just a few days, all as dares from Robbie.

The two days neither of them got wet were days we were out doing things late and both boys just felt like crashing in bed.

Some of the outfits Robbie soaked were as follows:

1. A white plain long-sleeved shirt, skinny faded blue jeans with small rips in the knees, and his Soak Me's
2. A black golf shirt with white stripes (like a polo shirt - you know, the ones with a few buttons on top with a collar), a white sleeveless shirt under that, grey slim-fitting sweatpants, and his Soak Me's
3. A white dress shirt (long-sleeved), grey sort-of-skinny dress pants, a blue tie, and his black Air Maxes (that he uses as dressy shoes)
4. A red sleeveless shirt with a hood, black slim-fitting sweatpants, and his Soak Me's
5. A royal-blue golf shirt with his trademark really short sleeves, brand new chinos, and blue/gold shoes he'd borrowed from someone at school.

The rest of the outfits were more or less the same kinds of stuff as above - he's gotten a bit more dressy in his soaking, lately, and recently I found out why - he's going out with his girlfriend, Shauna, and is wearing nice clothes to impress her - then promptly soaks them when he gets home.

Sam's:

1. A black t-shirt, blue jeans, and his new basketball-style shoes (blue and black)
2. A blue dress shirt, yellow tie, black dress pants, and an older pair of Air Force shoes he uses as "dressy" shoes (this was on a dare from Robbie).

Now, a few notes on Robbie's outfit #3 - Robbie had been out with a bunch of friends to a school dance and when he got home he decided to soak exactly what he was wearing. That white dress shirt was very transparent - even more transparent than the plain white shirt in outfit #1. The tie was ruined (it kind of shrunk around itself), but the rest of the stuff was fine. Sam was at the dance too, so soaked his outfit too, but he sat around wearing it for another hour or so "building up the courage" as he stated it - Robbie had dared him to soak it and he was trying to talk himself out of it. He's about to turn 14 and he's grown quite a bit in the past few months, so I encouraged him to soak whatever he wants before he completely grows out of it.

Regarding outfit #5 and the "borrowed shoes" - Robbie and a new friend, I'll call him Kody I guess, have been talking considerably about Kody's shoe collection (Kody and his family just moved here recently). He has a closet full of almost-never-worn shoes. Robbie decided to play a prank on Kody when Kody offered to let Robbie bring a pair of his shoes home (I'm not entirely sure of the full context here, I never really did get the full story from Robbie - any time I ask him, he kind of beats around it). Well, this happened March 31st - so, Robbie woke up on April Fools Day after having worn the shoes a bit the night before, and decided to do this, then take them back to Kody. I seriously advised against that, but he did it anyway. Apparently Kody wasn't very happy since his Dad called me and asked what "the heck your son was doing with my son's $300 shoes to get them all sopping wet like that". I was in a bit of a bind because I didn't know what to say, so I just apologized and offered to pay for replacements. I haven't heard back from them and Robbie won't talk about it. I feel really bad about it and have sent several emails to Kody's Dad without replies.

What do you guys all think? Did Robbie go too far by soaking his friend's shoes for an April Fools prank? My gut says yes but I don't know for sure. I had written this a few days ago but then the bike ride incident happened and I didn't know whether or not he was questioning himself. I kinda hinted during that "chat" that he did, and he has since toned it down a bit, but I'm just curious what you all think about this. I'm actually worried Kody's Dad is just prepping to sue us...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]