Page banner image

Re: My story from growing up

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by wetchas on March 07, 2022 at 09:49:48

In Reply to: My story from growing up posted by Lee on March 07, 2022 at 03:44:57:

Great story Lee.
thanks for posting such a long tale. It must have taken a while to write as well.
You are quite right about changing attitudes. As you say, if it happened today there would uproar if the parents heard, or if one street savvy lad reported him. But back then it was just natural behaviour, and probably something they had been doing in the Army for years.
Like yourself, I had a lot of my great wet experiences in the Boys Brigade. Like the Scouts, here was an opportunity for hiking, camping, swimming and such like. When at camp for a week, far away from parental control, there was plenty of opportunity for WW activities. We had a daily bathing parade, unless the weather was really dreadful. I have said before how one year our tent instigated a competition with the other tents, where we took it in turns to stipulate what everyone wore swimming that day. For the five days we were at camp we thought up five outfits, Pyjamas, Sports kit, Jeans + T Shirt, Uniform trousers (black) plus white shirt, and swimwear. I often wonder what the people on the beach thought when 20 or so lads turned up in pyjamas, or other clothes and ran into the sea, but I guess nobody really minded. The most boring day was swimwear, and the best (as far as I was concerned) was uniform. And all done without Mother ever knowing. Great days, shame they didn't last.
Cheers for now, thanks again for sharing your story.
Wetchas.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]