Page banner image

My Wet Evolution Story

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mega on February 23, 2022 at 18:00:24

Seeing some other people sharing their first wet experiences on here made me think of how my wet experiences were early in life. My story is probably a bit different than most others on here.

Back when I was 3 years old, my family took a trip to Cedar Point. I was loving all the rides I was allowed to go on. My 2 favorites were the mini Gemini, and a log ride. This particular log ride is no longer around and was replaced by the Raptor years later. So this was a four person log ride, 1 seat per person, front to back. It worked out well because there were 4 people in my family, with an older brother who was 12 years older than me. I rode this ride in the front seat. The ride was pretty tame, but the final drop would result in a bit of a splash, for the people in seats 2-4, with the back seat probably getting it the worst. I loved this ride, loved sitting in the front, and it was one of the rides we ended up riding several times throughout the day, with me always being in front. On our way out of the park, we rode it one last time, since it was basically right on the way out. This time however, the rest of my family boarded the log first, and they took the first 3 seats, forcing me to take the back. I instantly got nervous and didn't want to ride it anymore, but they wouldn't let me back out. When the final drop came, I was hoping to not get splashed, as a dry experience for the person in the back did happen a couple times. The thing was, I didn't like getting my normal clothes wet or messy, I hated it and would avoid it at all costs. So the final drop hit and water splashed directly onto me. The ride didn't fully soak you, but it left the entire front of my shirt wet, and got my shorts a bit wet. Pretty sure I was wearing a blue shirt and blue shorts, as blue was my favorite color. I hated it, didn't like the wet and weird feeling of my clothes being wet. We didn't have any dry clothes to change into either, so I ended up crying, and cried through part of the car ride home, until I was told to "stop crying or I'll pull this car over and give you something to cry about".

Fast forward a few years to 2nd grade. On the last week of school, our elementary school would have a field day, with lots of different events. Frisbee toss, basketball contest, mini golf, an obstacle course. They were set up as stations and our class would rotate from station to station, going to each one. I loved the whole field day, and the variety of the activities, except for one. The final station was always a water balloon toss, where you get a partner and toss a water balloon back and forth trying to catch it in the air without it popping. After each toss, the partners would each take a step backwards, increasing the distance and the difficulty of the next toss. I was always nervous about this event since I hated getting my normal clothes wet. So we were told to pair off, and I just stood around hoping to not get a partner so I could just sit this event out, like I was able to the previous year. My friend Todd was going around talking to several other kids, likely looking for a partner, but everyone seemed to be turning him down. I wondered why, then he came over to me.

"Hey, will you throw the water balloon at me?" Todd asked me in a weirdly excited voice. Before I had the chance to respond, the teacher caught wind of what Todd was doing and come over to tell him he has to play the game legitimately and not just have someone throw the water balloon at him.

"Ok." Todd said, then turned to me as the teacher walked away. "Do you want the water ballon?"

I was puzzled. "What do you mean?"

"I want the water balloon popped on me, right here on my shirt," He said, holding out the front of his gray t-shirt. So he came up with an idea to play the game normally for the first couple of easy throws, since they were close together. Then, he wanted me to toss the balloon up high and right at him, and he would "accidentally" not catch it and have it pop on him. I thought it was really odd, why would he want to intentionally get his shirt wet? It didn't take much to get me to agree to it, since it meant I wouldn't be getting wet and I wouldn't be made fun of for not participating in the game. So the game started, and the first couple throws and catches were pretty easy, since we start close to each other, didn't have a real opportunity to enact Todd's plan. Then we were a decent distance apart, and Todd was signaling he wanted the balloon to pop on him. The problem was, it was Todd's turn to toss the balloon to me, meaning I had to make one more catch, and then Todd could get his odd wish. So Todd tossed the balloon underhanded, and it went way high in the air. I looked up to see it falling towards me, but as I did the sun was bright and got in my eyes, so blinding at that angle that I had to look away. I held my hands out to try and catch or at least stop it, then SPLAT! The balloon landed and broke about 5 feet away from me. Todd came over as I was still trying to figure out what happened.

"Sorry Todd. The sun was blinding me and..." I started.

"Don't worry," Todd interupted. "It was my fault, I threw it too high." He was disappointed, but quickly cheered up and moved past it.

I was just relieved the water balloon didn't pop on me. "Hey, how come you wanted the balloon to pop on you and get your shirt wet?" I finally had the chance to ask him.

"Because it's fun," came his quick response. Before I had the chance to ask him why, the teacher was gathering us together to give more instructions and go back inside. Now, I actually did like swimming. It was my favorite thing to do in the summertime, and since my stepdad at the time had a boat we'd be on all summer long, I would go swimming in the pool at the marina, usually 2-3 times a day. I was always wearing swim trunks and no shirt. While you'd think being around a boat would lead to a lot of wet clothes opportunities, between me avoiding those situations, and my stepdad being super strict and not allowing me to get wet in my normal clothes, nothing really came up there.

One thing that did happen during the summer before going into 7th grade. I was at my aunt and uncle's house. It was just me, my cousin Danny who's 2 years older then me, and his older sister who was to watch after us for the day. At one point we decided to go outside and do something, likely jump on the trampoline they had. After a few minutes, Danny had the idea to get the garden hose out and wanted to get wet, since it was a hot and sunny day outside. I tried to talk him out of it while I was still on the trampoline, but he's very impulsive and outgoing, once he gets an idea, it's hard to stop him.

"Wait, we're not wearing swim trunks." I pleaded.

"We'll just get our clothes wet," came his response, as he continued setting up the garden hose.

"But we don't have any extra clothes here," I countered. (Danny was actually living with us for a little while, so while this might have been his parent's house, he wasn't actually living here at the time."

"So? We'll dry," He said uncaringly.

"But we'll get in trouble," I was worried about my strict stepdad (my mom did end up getting rid of him a couple years later btw).

"They're gone all day, we'll stop with plenty of time to dry out," Danny replied.

"Wait, wait," I was still on the trampoline when Danny started spraying the hose up into the air, making water come down like rain on us. "I'd feel better if we ask permission first," I was grasping for any excuse at this point.

"Go ahead, I have an idea," he said with a smirk.

So I went in to ask his older sister, who didn't care what we were doing as long as we stayed on the property and didn't get hurt. Well, so much for getting out of this in that way, but being inside did give me a couple minutes to mentally compose myself.
When I went back outside, Danny was quick to greet me, "Well?"

"We can get wet..." I said nervously (I'm not into lying), as I was looking over at what Danny had rigged up. My aunt and uncle lived out in the country area, so they had a massive yard, not much to note for this story other than the trampoline, and the kiddy swing set attached to a wooden treehouse. The treehouse had a small, probably about 6 foot plastic yellow slide. Danny had managed to tie the hose around above the slide without knotting it and stopping the flow, turning it into a mini water slide.

"Let's take our shirts off so we have something dry to put on later," Danny suggested. I complied, as that was one less piece of clothing I'd be getting wet, but I really thought he was intending to soak us both with all our clothes, so that was a slight relief. That left me wearing jean shorts and him wearing some slightly baggy black denim shorts. We went over and climbed up the small ladder into the treehouse, and paused at the edge of the slide. "Ok, you first," he said to me.

"Why do I have to go first?" I protested.

"We're both going to get wet, just do it," he replied.

I paused nervously for a moment. "Should I go down head first?" I proposed.

"Go for it," Came his response.

Well, I was out of excuses. After a bit more hesitation, I decided went for it, sliding down head first, on my stomach, figured my shorts were going to get wet either way. I stood up and the front of my shorts were completely soaked, the jean shorts turning a darker shade a blue having been wet. I almost couldn't believe what I just did. Danny went down next, going feet first and sitting normally, the back of his shorts getting soaked. We climbed up and did it again. At this point I figured that since I was already wet, there was no going back now. While I didn't like the wet feeling of my normal jean shorts at first, after a couple more slides down the water slide, it wasn't that bad. I kept going down on my stomach, still trying not to have to get completely soaked on both sides. Danny alternated the way he went down the slide. Eventually a puddle formed at the bottom of the slide, and on my next slide down, the unexpected splash got water up my nose, which I didn't like, so I was done with the water slide for that. Danny was also getting bored of it, so he went down one last time, ending with him sitting and splashing in the puddle, which we both laughed at.

Then we went back to the trampoline, where Danny proceeded to take the hose and rig up the lawn sprinkler and placed it underneath the trampoline. So we would bounce and take turns landing on our backs. The trampoline being soaked meant that when we landed, water from the trampoline would splash up a few inches. It was quite fun. After a while, we got bored of that and decided to turn off the hose and start drying off. A bit later though, and Danny had the hose back on and was spraying water at me and the trampoline.

"Danny, don't. I'm trying to dry off now," I pleaded, as I was about half dry as it was. He kept spraying water as I quickly got off the trampoline and started running away. "Come on, stop," I said, a bit angrily.

"Don't get mad. Here, I'll make it even." Danny proceeded to take the hose and hold it right overtop of his short, just letting the water pour all over his shorts. I just stood in the distance and watched, thinking that was probably good enough, since he didn't really get me as wet as he's getting himself now. But Danny kept going, even sticking the running hose down his shorts, front and back. He continued even after his shorts were so wet that the water was just pouring off of them. "I'm completely soaked," he exclaimed, laughing and grinning. Suddenly, I kinda wanted to try doing that too, but first I had to use the bathroom, so I took a quick break inside to do that. When I came back out, Danny had the hose put away, and was sitting in a chair in the sunlight to start getting dry. Well, since he was doing that, I kinda gave up on the idea of soaking myself like that.

Overall, even though I didn't get as soaked as Danny did, I still ended up having a good time. However, this would prove to be a special day and a special set of circumstances that lead to this outcome, as I would revert back to my old self and avoidance of getting my normal clothes wet.

In 11th grade, I was living with my mom and her newish boyfriend (strict stepdad had been gone a few years by this point). One day after school, I was outside watering the flowers and newly planted trees in the front yard, one of my chores, when the neighbor Ryan came over. Ryan was 2 years younger than me, but about a foot taller, and he was pretty outgoing, carefree, and impulsive. He was wearing jean shorts and a long sleeve white t-shirt with a black logo/lettering of some kind. I was wearing jean shorts as well, with a short sleeve blue t-shirt. We chatted for a couple minutes, me sitting on the grass watering one of the trees, as they needed lots of water. The whole time Ryan was inching his way closer to me.

"Hey, let me see the hose for a minute," Ryan said, trying to hide a grin.

"No!" I barked back. I knew what he was thinking and what he was going to do. He's not subtle. Part of me still didn't like getting my normal clothes wet, and within the next half hour I needed to get ready to leave for the weekend. This was also a dark time in my life, so I was almost always in a bad mood and easily irritated, especially by people like Ryan (not that there was anything wrong with Ryan, the issue was definitely me). So the circumstances here were a bit different than the previous example.

"Come on, I just want to check out what all it can do. I'm not going to get you wet," Ryan bargained. It was one of those garden hoses with a sprayer attachment with 6-8 different settings. Of course, I didn't believe him, and insisted he stepped away. At this point, Ryan just tried grabbing the hose, insisting he wasn't going to spray me, and this turned into a bit of a wrestling match. I tried keeping the hose away from him, while also trying to rise to my feet. When he had his hands on the hose, I struggled just to make sure it was pointed away from me. Water sprayed when it wasn't pointed at me, as I keep trying to verbally get him to back off. Then Ryan overcompensated as I was trying to point the hose away from me and it was pointing directly at him, so once again during this wrestling match I tried pointing it at neither of us, knowing that if Ryan ended up getting sprayed, he would soak me. Eventually, I lost my grip on the hose, and it was in the full possession of Ryan, which made me notably nervous.

Ryan proceeded to test out the hose on each of the spray settings, not spraying either of us. "See, that's all I wanted to do."

"Can I have it back now?" I pleaded.

"Hang on, I just want to try something." Ryan said smiling. He had the nozzle set to the jet setting, which would spray the most powerful stream of water and was the longest distance option. With that, he sprayed the hose up into the air for a brief moment, then it fell back on top of us. "Look, it's like rain."

"Stop Ryan, I don't want to get wet!" I demanded.

"How come?" he said. With that he had the hose pointed directly at me, and I took off running, hiding behind a big tree by the road. The hose length didn't allow him to bring it to the other side, and it was big enough to hid behind and not get wet.

"Why are you running?" Ryan said laughing. He started spraying the tree, which kinda meant I was pinned down. I waited a few moments, trying to plan a dry escape, while he started watering the other flowers by where the hose was connected to the house. This was the furthest point he would be from me, and I could run across the front yard to the other side, where I could then easily escape around the back of the house where there was also another way inside. When I took off running, Ryan laughed and sprayed the hose up in the air in my direction. The water fell like huge rain drops on me before I could make it outside of his range. I wasn't soaked, but you could see the spots where the water landed on my shirt and shorts.

"You're like my other friends, always running away from the water," Ryan said, still laughing and having a good time.

"I didn't want to get my clothes wet!" I shouted back.

"Come on, you can just change when we're done. It's not a big deal," he reasoned.

I didn't really have a good comeback to that. "Well, you're not getting wet," I tried.

"Ok, how about this?" Ryan sprayed the hose into the air again, this time with it raining a bit on himself.

"That barely got you," I challenged him.

With that, Ryan pointed the hose point blank at his chest and sprayed it, soaking a huge spot on his shirt. You could see his skin through the white, wet part of his shirt. "See, it's fun," he exclaimed. I stood there surprised he had done that to himself, the concept of having fun getting your normal clothes wet still foreign in my mind. Not much else was said, and after a couple more moments, Ryan had given up and went home. If I didn't have to get ready to leave, perhaps this would have been a bit different.

There's a lot of gaps between these events, because not much else happened in terms of wet stories. There may have been some instances where I saw someone else getting wet unexpectedly, but I just thought to myself that I was glad it wasn't me. I didn't really get caught in the rain much either, because if there was rain in the forecast, I would take an umbrella with me to school. There were a couple times Ryan tried to get me to come outside and play in the rain, which I of course refused.

In my 2nd year of college, there was a really warm, fall day. I went to a smaller college, and lived in one of the dorm houses on campus. It was about a 10 minute walk tops to get from one end of the campus to the other. On my way back to the dorm from the other side of campus, it began to sprinkle. Since it's winter except for basically the first month of classes where I was attending, I never bothered to even pack an umbrella to bring with me when I moved into the college dorm. I was wearing a dark gray t-shirt and a pair of black gym shorts with red stripes down the sides. Well, there was nothing I could do about this other than hope I get back before it gets worse. As I kept walking, the rain kept getting progressively heavier. Even when I was still a few minutes away from my dorm, it was a downpour, and there was nothing I could do but keep walking in the rain. I felt the rain getting my shoulders wet, then filling in spots across the front of my shirt. Water began dripping down off of my saturated hair, and pouring down my face, finding its way down my clothes.

By the time I got to the front porch of the dorm house, my t-shirt was completely soaked, as was the front of my shorts. The rain was coming in at an angle, and I was walking into it, so the back of my shorts managed to stay dry, but another minute in the rain, and that wouldn't have been the case. There were a couple guys from my dorm on the front porch chatting and watching the storm when I came up. They made a few harmless jokes and comments about how I just got a shower, chuckling about it. I was mad about the situation, but I didn't want to take it out on them, so I just kinda fake laughed a little. We chatted for a few minutes while water was still dripping off of my shirt and shorts. I went inside and up to my dorm room, where I grabbed a towel. In about a half hour I'd be going out again to the cafeteria for dinner, and the forecast was showing the rain was going to continue. I figured if I was going to get wet again in 30 minutes, there wasn't much point in changing now. So I just sat at my computer, my wet shirt still clinging to me. This was actually the first time I had ever got my shirt completely soaked like this. It felt weird to me, but after a couple minutes I was good with it. I guess it wasn't as bad as I always thought it was going to be, and I actually started enjoying it. (also getting myself mentally prepared to get wet again in the rain).

After 30 minutes or so, my shirt was completely dry (I always thought I'd be miserable for hours at time in wet clothes). My shorts were pretty dry too, overall I'd say I was about 90% dry, and no one would be able to notice a difference just by looking at me. So I went to dinner with a couple guys from the dorm. At this point, the rain had dissipated to a light sprinkle. A few minutes after getting to the cafeteria, getting our food, and sitting down, the rain had turned into a downpour outside again. One wall of the cafeteria is basically all windows to see out into the campus. We laughed as we saw some other people outside walking in it, coming into the cafeteria completely soaked. By the time we finished eating and left, the rain had stopped, so I guess I avoided getting soaked again that day. I was actually kinda bummed out about it, as I found myself wanting to try it again.

Over time, I did try other activities and ways to get my clothes wet, and began enjoying it even more. I've done a couple cardboard boat races, water balloons, water games, dunk tanks, mud volleyball, water fights, a bet where the loser gets thrown in a pond, water rides at amusement parks, and a couple mud runs. My favorite things to get wet in are t-shirts and shorts (any kind of shorts really, gym shorts, jean shorts, cargo shorts). I also like jeans and track pants. Never really got soaked in dress clothes, but I don't like wearing dress clothes to begin with, so I'm not really interested in that. I like more casual clothes. Oh, and I'm not a fan of wet socks, my general preference is barefoot most of the time around the house, don't like my feet feeling constrained.

So while my first experiences weren't just being nervous, trying it and loving it instantly, I did get there eventually. This ended up being a lot longer than I thought it was going to be, so if you made it all the way and this kept your attention, thank you.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]