Page banner image

Re: Wet in water attractions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Robert on February 09, 2022 at 02:36:45

In Reply to: Wet in water attractions posted by WhiteNoise on February 05, 2022 at 10:42:45:

All the talk about theme parks here, particularly Cedar Point, make me reminisce about a time when I was in high school - before the time I was "caught" by my girlfriend (sorry, that story is still coming, but it's for the other site and I'm still trying to ensure I get all the details right).

I was in Grade 10 (about 15) and being from Ontario, would be familiar with Cedar Point across the lake. We went over for an end-of-year event for those of us who were involved with the volleyball teams. I was not a player, but travelled with the boys and girls teams as a carded linesperson, and was the offical scorer when at home (and quite often on the road too when the home team's scorer didn't know what they were doing, ha ha). I also reffed games, but obviously not those involving my own school or even those in the same division as my school. But I mostly reffed club games.

Anyway, I went with the boys and girls teams to Cedar Point one year and I was tasked with "babysitting" one of the teachers' kids (joy...). He was 9 or 10 and wanted to go on all the kiddy rides, so I reluctantly went along - I'll call him Shawn for now. The teachers and coach said that we should avoid the wet rides since none of us brought a change of clothes, and we were, of course, in a different country. Well, I remember specifically when three of the boys from the junior team (that's grade 9's and 10's in Ontario) whom I knew well in my capacity as a ref (as they were also carded refs) went to one of those rides - I'll call them Joey, Bill and Vic. It's been so long since I've been to Cedar Point, and I don't really live anywhere close to it anymore, so I forget what the ride was called or if it even still exists, but it is a "kiddy" ride and is basically bumper boats. Shawn and I were walking down to the other end of the park to go on this ride and we saw the boys just emerging from the exit (which you had to pass to go to the entrance), completely, 100% soaked being followed by an angry-looking worker who appeard to be calling security. A conversation went something like this (obviously not exact words, but you get the idea):

"What the heck happened to you," I asked.

"Uh, oh, hi Robert," said Joey.

"You're a bit wet!" said Shawn.

"Shut up, Shawn!" said Bill.

A security guard was approaching and asked all of us what happened.

"Vic did it!" said Joey.

"We all jumped in," said Bill. "Vic dared us."

"Well that wasn't very smart, was it," said the security guard to them. Then he turned to me and said, "you're dry - were you on the ride too?"

"No," I said. "I just got here and saw them wet."

"I see. Well boys, I've dealt with lots of your type before, and I find that banning your for a year doesn't work since many of you just come here once a year anyway. So I'm just going to fine you. Come with me and we'll call your parents," said the security guard to them.

So they all got fines but weren't banned from the park. And had to spend the rest of the day soaked. In short, the bumper boats are in a big pool and the three of them jumped out of their boats and into the pool.

Anyway, we got finished, and we started to leave the park. Mind you, Bill and Vic had kinda gotten wet again as they went into some shower thing (no idea what it was, but I didn't bother investigating). Just as we were close to the exit, a worker approached us (it was Shawn and I, along with Joey, Bill and Vic as we basically hung out together for the rest of the day as their wallets got wet and they didn't have any more money (and I did have money). Plus I promised not to tell the teachers what happened, only that they were on a water ride. I figured they were going to be in enough trouble already. The worker asked if he could take a photo, and that it would be up at the kiosk for purchase. He saw their volleyball team jerseys and figured we were all together (he was right). So we got a photo taken of us standing near the exit and I went and bought it.

"Robert, do you have any money left?" asked Vic.

"Fine" I said, even thought it was way too expensive.

I still have the photo - it sits on the fireplace mantel right in front of me as I am writing this.

I know some of you would be interested in details - I honestly don't remember the nitty-gritty, but I do know (from the photo, ha ha) that they were all wearing their volleyball team jerseys (white sleeveless shirts with red shoulder accents and our school's logo). Vic had on black shorts and white skate shoes, Joey had on blue jeans and it looks like dark-coloured skate shoes, and Bill had on beige shorts.

It was more interesting when we got to the border and Joey was chosen to be searched. "Why are you all wet, kid?" the border guard asked.

"I got wet on a water ride, sorry?" Joey said very sheepishly.

The rest was out-of-sight but he told us after that the guard thought it was odd that his underwear was also wet. Ha ha, it kinda gets wet too when you end up submerged...

As for Robbie and Sam having gone to Cedar Point, yes, we went once when they were very young. As I said above, we aren't really that close anymore, but there is a summer fair in our town that sometimes has a dunk tank. And Robbie wants to go in it this summer. Of course, kid. But not in your white tights or you'll be thrown out for indecency.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]