Page banner image

Re: Fun memory

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dustin on February 02, 2022 at 04:18:56

In Reply to: Re: Fun memory posted by kmf on February 01, 2022 at 03:22:20:

Thanks. The dunk tank story isn't too much of a story. My mom's super religious and has always been very very involved at our church. I have always pretty much despised church so that was one of the things I argued with my parents about all the time. But our church did a carnival during the summer and each year they had a dunk tank. I'd say I was kind of curious about the dunk tank but never really wanted to go in it, probably because I hated being at church or anything that had to do with church at all. My little brother on the other hand was completely different. As soon as he was old enough to be allowed to get dunked, he BEGGED my mom for permission, which my mom was happy to grant. So she hauls me and my brother and my sister to the carnival, my brother wearing a t-shirt, swimtrunks and flip flops, and me in a t-shirt, blue jeans and work boots (... it was a phase I was in...) When we get there my brother takes off for the dunk tank and next thing I know he's sitting on the seat yelling at the top of his lungs. I sulked off to find my friends. Thing is I didn't really like most of the kids my age from church, all my friends were from my neighborhood or school. But I joined up with a group and gradually we worked our way over towards the dunk tank, on account of some pretty girls who were getting dunked. My mom was also in the area and she snapped at me to make myself useful and collect the tennis balls that people were throwing at the target. I reluctantly agreed, while my brother was wrapped in a towel and goofing off with his friends.

Then, enter a kid named Mat (yes, Mat with one t.) This was the kid that was just literally flawless. Handsome, friendly, kind, great at school, played 5 sports and was awesome at each one of them, Eagle Scout, volunteered at a soup kitchen on the weekends... the list goes on. He seemed kind of full of himself but was always perfectly kind to me. Back then I guessed he'd grow up to be a politician - I just checked in LinkedIn, he's actually a doctor now. Go figure. Anyway he strolls past, with a posse of beautiful girls following him. I overheard that they wanted him to go in the dunk tank, and he protested a bit about not having dry clothes with him, but he was going to give those girls what they wanted, so he very non-chalantly started taking off his shoes and socks. He was clearly in no hurry, and suddenly I REALLY wanted to go in the dunk tank. So I turned to my mom and mumbled something about whether I could go in, and she just said sure, whatever, so I walked around to the back of the dunk tank and asked Mat if he'd mind if I went first. Mat couldn't pass up an opportunity to do a favor for someone, so with a flourish he said that I certainly good. I went to climb up the ladder thing and my mom barked at me to take off my shoes. Grr. I glared at her but knew better than to get into an argument then and there, so I pulled off my boots and socks and climbed back up onto the seat. Then all the sudden felt very awkward because literally no one was interested in dunking me. Mat's posse didn't care about me, my little group of friends looked surprised that I do this, no one else really seemed to care... except my family. My little brother giggles and trots over and starts lobbing balls towards the target, and my mom and sister eagerly await their turn too. Cringe! Finally my brother just runs up and hits the target. Now here's the thing, getting dunked was a BLAST! I immediately regretted not volunteering for the dunk tank in the previous yearss at the carnival. But having you brother, sister and mom be the ones dunking you and jeering at you for being soaked, well that made it a lot less fun if I'm being honest, and I think you know what I mean.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]