Page banner image

Cutoff shorts

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by wetjumper on January 25, 2022 at 00:19:03

In Reply to: My Discovery Of Wet Clothes posted by Wet Dude on December 19, 2021 at 15:34:00:

My August 2021 "Anniversary" post is no longer on the index, but here's an approximate repeat of it:

Over 50 years ago, on 15 August 1971 (if I've got the date right) I had my first "all the way" experience in wet clothes. This was on the first full day (I think) of a family holiday at Combe Martin on the north Devon coast in south-west England. I had just turned 14 but I was a slightly late developer. My favourite jeans had become outgrown as well as wearing out at the knees, so for our holiday my mother had turned them into cutoff shorts - "properly" hemmed, not just left with ragged edges, although I'd have been happy with simple cut edges gradually fraying - shouldn't cutoffs just be cut off? I wore them when we went down to the local beach for the afternoon. They felt rather tight over my usual briefs - but on the beach, to my surprise and delight my mum told me "You can wear your shorts without underwear if you're going to get them wet." Normally she made sure I always wore underpants with day clothes, except with swimwear - so my cutoffs evidently counted as swimwear. I was very pleased that I wouldn't have to change into orthodox swimming trunks and could wear snug-fitting denim in the water.

I had already secretly experimented with wearing these jeans just over skin for short periods (not daring to do it all day) and had enjoyed it a lot. I also wanted to try these jeans in water (again I usually couldn't get away with it at home) as I already had a growing fascination with wet clothes. This could be good...

Trying not to seem too excited, I went to the toilet block and "changed into my swimwear" by stripping off and putting my shorts back on without my undies. I was aware of denim seams in direct contact with sensitive skin, but the denim was well-worn and soft, fitting snugly and feeling cool and comfortable without the previous bulky tightness of two layers. The visual effect certainly wasn't too revealing, although I still didn't have much to reveal anyway. My cutoffs were even better this way than I'd hoped.

Wearing just my denim shorts and sandals to protect my feet (I think I didn't keep my shirt on - sorry about that) I went exploring rock pools, wading through gradually deepening water as the tide came in. The sensations of cool seawater soaking through soft denim hugging my body felt very interesting, intriguingly different from standard swimwear... and I started to feel increasingly tingly from my groin outwards in an oddly familiar way... until eventually, without touching myself, I felt something amazing happen inside my wet cutoffs. It was a revelation. I was relieved to see it wasn't obvious on the outside of my wet shorts.

I went on wearing my cutoffs in and out of the water for hours, not letting them dry out. Eventually we went back to our rented house for our evening meal. My mum wanted me to change out of my shorts so she could wash and dry them. When I unfastened my soggy cutoffs they fell off my damp body and hit the floor with a memorable "splat" - and I noticed they glistened inside around the back of the fly. I now think my mum must have noticed this too, as I didn't get my cutoffs back for a couple of days and she seemed no longer keen on my wearing them as beach swimwear - nor did she ever again encourage me not to wear underwear. (I probably should have "done my own thing" and experimented more often. Especially when on holiday, when it wouldn't have mattered in the slightest. Oh well.)

Back at home I tried to recreate my seaside experience in the bathroom, wearing my skintight jean shorts as I lowered myself into bathwater - it wasn't the same but it was certainly very enjoyable and worth repeating. I had the job of cleaning the bathroom for pocket money on Sunday afternoons, and I combined this with having a bath myself, so I could spend up to a couple of hours in the bathroom without interruption - a great opportunity! It soon became my habit at least once a week to wear clothes in the bathtub and to enjoy soaking them - my increasingly skintight denim cutoffs, T-shirts, underwear, school sportswear... - although whatever I soaked had to be able to dry quickly (long jeans were a problem) and had to be smuggled out of the bathroom and hidden without anyone seeing the wet things, and I was still careful to avoid leaving "evidence" in them. Of course if I was putting on clean clothes after my bath, wet stuff could be concealed under dry worn items in a laundry bag in case I was seen leaving the bathroom, then hidden in my bedroom...

Over 50 years on, and over 21 years after I discovered this website (another mindblowing "landmark" - thank you Felix!), I still enjoy getting wet in clothes from time to time - although I don't live close to any good outdoor water, I don't have a partner or a like-minded friend to get wet with (I've always been rather solitary), and these days I often tend to feel cold if I get soaked except on a very warm day, so I'm currently not doing much Wacky Wet stuff. I've not given up though, and there's still the bathroom. I still greatly enjoy reading about other people's wet and muddy adventures and want to encourage them. Keep it up, everyone, and make it last a lifetime!

Peter (wetjumper)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]