Page banner image

I got soaked in a creek during a storm!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Willygetswet@gmail.com on December 12, 2021 at 08:27:11

So a few months ago here in Ontario 🇨🇦 we had the craziest storm. This was I think in July this year. I was out for lunch with a friend and it was a really nice day. Sunny, warm, etc. Then out of absolutely nowhere it started pouring. The restaurant patio we were eating at was fully covered but it started hammering down rain for over an hour straight. It finally cleared up, so we paid, he walked home as he lived near and I caught the bus home. Not even kidding, 30 seconds into my 10 minute bus ride it poured like I'd never seen out of nowhere again. I got off the bus and stayed inside the bus shelter which thankfully kept me dry. I had my phone/headphones/wallet with me and nowhere to put them, otherwise I would have been right out there. Anyways, it still drizzled out but it wasn't raining as bad so I ran home and managed to keep my phone dry while getting a bit damp. I was gonna hop into the shower in my clothes but decided to do something else. Btw, I was wearing an orange short sleeved tshirt, blue gym/basketball shorts, and grey underwear. That was my outfit from lunch, and I didn't change since I was already damp and didn't wanna waste doing extra laundry. I put on my strapped sandals (I don't have any runners that I love to get wet) and went outside. I left my phone at home and walked down the street to a small creek near my house. I like wearing wet sandals to be honest, I don't know why. I don't love wearing socks and shoes outside, wet or dry, unless the weather calls for it. Anyways, it was just barely spitting now so while my shirt was a bit damp, the rain wasn't getting me much wetter. The creek near my place was a fun area my friends and I liked to play at as kids, and we had swam in there a few times, but it wasn't at all meant for swimming. Usually it would have been halfway up to my knees, but the rain raised the water levels up to above my waist! I put my keys somewhere safe and anticipated going in. I was the only one there, so I splashed around in the puddles for a while, soaking my feet, legs, and dampening my shorts and shirt a bit more. Then I went to walk into it and ended up pretty much falling in since it was so slippery! That was a bit of a surprise but super fun.

The water was cool but it was a warm day even with the storm so I wasn't freezing. The sky was clearing up and I enjoyed swimming in the deep water, especially since I had never seen the creek so deep before. My plain orange shirt was soaked, and my blue gym shorts were floating all around me. I loved the feeling of the water flowing against my body and pressing my shirt to my skin. I dunked my head under the water and laid back, floating around for a bit. I loved feeling the water drip from my hair onto my wet shirt. I swam around for about half an hour before I tired out and walked home. It was fun feeling the mud squishing around my bare toes in my sandals. I didn't see anyone on my walk home outside except one guy around my age. He was wearing a black shirt and jeans and he was pretty wet, though not entirely soaked. It had been around 45 minutes since any rain fell so I knew he went out of his way to get wet. He smiled at me as I passed him and then I got home and took a hot shower, still wearing what I wore to the creek. Overall, a great day and I managed to get drenched.

It felt so good to be immersed in water fully clothed. There are really no lakes/rivers/creeks in my area suitable for swimming since I live in a very urban area. The one creek in my neighborhood is pretty small and just runs off from a major river in the area. Most of it is underground, actually, but a small patch is accessible. My building pool has a no street clothes policy. So most of my wet time is spent in the shower, around 95% at least. Still, it was great fun to swim in the creek, even with wearing simple clothes. I'm sort of boring with how I dress, dry as well as wet, in the sense that I wear regular tshirts, shorts, jogging pants and basic shoes most places. Even when swimming I usually just wear board shorts, maybe with a shirt but not always. I don't like being weighed down by too much heavy stuff. But it felt really good to be soaked, out of the house, and wearing exactly what I like.

Thanks for all reading my first solo story! It was a lot of fun to write it and I'm so glad I get to share it here with all of you!

Best, WillyGetsWet

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]