Page banner image

Re: Hello Ry.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on November 30, 2021 at 21:41:20

In Reply to: Re: Hello Ry. posted by wetchas on November 30, 2021 at 09:23:33:

As Zonie said there has been a lot of conflict about mandated vaccines. President Biden would prefer everyone be vaccinated. Basically the individual states and governors have set their own policies and regulations. Here in Maine our governor mandated all state employee and health care employees provide proof of vaccination or lose their jobs. That kind of ran into a brick wall as we cannot afford to lose any employees, especially those in health care. We are short staffed as it is.
Right now we are experiencing high rates of covid in Maine and it will probably get worse as we just celebrated our Thanksgiving and lots of people were traveling - and of course Christmas is coming up. The media says it is unvaccinated people who are getting sick, although some fully vaccinated people have gotten it but their cases have been mild. I have a friend with multiple schlerosis and she has lots of health issues and problems. Her daughter took her to a concert and she got covid even though she had been completely vaccinated. She said she felt like total crap and did spend a couple of days in the hospital but was not on a respirator. Shortly after having the covid she was back in the hospital for a scheduled surgery (one of several for her) and felt fine.

In all honesty I am sick and tired of hearing about covid. I think it is a matter of personal choice what people do. Every day on the news here in Maine they report the number of current cases, new cases, deaths, people in ICU and how many are on ventilators. I really don't listen anymore. Personally I am pro vaccine. Like you I got my two jabs and a booster. I also got my annual flu shot. That was the best choice for ME. I have many friends who are totally against the vaccines and have not gotten them and are adamant that they will never do so. That is THEIR choice. When I see my friend in the nursing home we are required to wear masks, have to complete a questionaire, have our temperature taken. Many would object to that but I do not. I do it willingly so I can see my friend and let her know I am supporting her as much as possible. I think it's a small price to pay rather than leaving her feeling alone and abandoned and that I don't care. Once in her room I remove the mask so that we can talk to one another and put it back on when I leave the room until I exit the building, at which time I take it off. Most places here no longer require masks in public and I usually don't wear one. I do keep one in my pocket just in case I may need it. To me it's not a big deal to slip it on.

Just a quick note on mandated vaccines for health care employees. They are required to provide proof of being vaccinated for numerous other diseases and have been for decades. No one objects to those - probably because they have been proven and tested over time with no ill effects. The covid vaccines are still new and not all that much is known about them so I can understand why people are leery of them. I took a chance on them and haven't turned into a zombie yet - although some of my close friends might say otherwise.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]