Page banner image

A very WET walk

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wetnboy on October 02, 2021 at 19:32:13

Today it was raining and mild outside still here in the south so I decided I would go for a walk in the rain. To not be too conspicuous I did wait until there was a break in the rain and we had plenty of puddles (Ry!).

I put on two T shirts for warmth since the rain was chilly, a Dark blue Gap cotton 'Best' Crew neck with a Bright Orange Under Armor poly 'Heat Gear' over the top. I had on cotton briefs and Levis 501 jeans with White cotton socks and White leather Nu Balance trainers. Out the door I went.

Nothing like the smell of 'Fresh Rain' and we don't yet have leaves on the ground to cause that musty leaf odor - so sort of like a 'Spring Rain' to go with our plush Green landscapes and flowers that are still blooming. I decided to walk around to the street behind my house as it appeared that someone was moving in to the house directly behind me, and I was right. There was a moving van with guys unloading and wheeling things into the house.

The sidewalks have some low spots where water accumulates and I walked thru those shallow puddles but nothing came 'in' my trainers (yet). I walked past the moving van having to go around the 'ramp' and then as I was directly in front of the house a mover commented on my cap. Oh, I forgot that - the most important part of my outfit today for two reasons. 1st sporting my 'new' NFL Chicago Bears navy blue hat with the bright orange unique 'C' logo of the team and 2nd it was keeping the drips coming off the leaves of trees that were along the way from getting my eyeglasses wet.

He said 'What are the Bears going to do with Fields' (there new very high draft pick rookie who was a college star.) I stopped to talk to him a little as he came back out and up into the truck to get more things. As I turned to keep walking a man with a small boy appeared and came out by the truck so I said "Are you moving in?" He replied "yes, been here quietly sleeping on a mattress on the floor since June and now my wife who had to do most all of the packing is here along with our son" who he was now holding - a cute 2 1/2 to 3 yr old who he introduced to me and told to give me a fist bump. The boy smiled as we fist bumped. We stood there and talked for several minutes as it now began to rain lightly again. By now the boy had wrestled loose and was running around in the driveway getting into the way so he had to go and I turned to make it look like I was going to walk 'home' since the rain had started to come down quite steadily.

Well, at the corner I went the opposite way from home to enjoy my walk and plan to soak in some puddles. I splashed thru a few puddles on the sidewalk and turned to the long entryway of our neighborhood which has trees lining it, and solid wood fencing to all the houses that back up to it so somewhat secluded except for cars coming and going some.

This is the area where there are some 'deeper' puddles along the walk and I quickly got down and did a push up in one soaking the front of my jeans and getting a reaction proving I had enjoyed getting my jeans wet. I then walked thru the deepest puddle back and forth a few times getting the trainers fully soaked and in the process continuing to encourage the feeling I was enjoying by laying down in the puddle a couple times on my front side. The water was about 3 inches deep so it soaked the front of my jeans all the way up to the side seams along with the front lower portion of my shirts.

Standing up and admiring the look I realize the back part of the jeans are dry - oh my. I decided to sit in the water to make the jeans look uniformly wet front and back before getting up and then back in the water on the front side a final time before walking home slowly in the now very steady rain.

As I was 3 blocks from home at that point I walked about 1/2 way when it started to really come down heavier. I thought WTH I'm already wet - it's not cold - enjoy. As I got to my next door neighbors he is outside standing on the porch under the overhang. I called out and said Hi and that I'd started out when it 'wasn't raining' to which he replied "That's ok - you didn't melt!". I then went up to him and spoke with him for several minutes before then walking home and going straight into the 'most enjoyable' very warm shower wearing everything except the cap.

It was a wonderful wet walk and got to meet new neighbors and say hi to others.

Update on our community. The Kroger store is closed for about 6 weeks for 're-modeling' after the shooting a week ago and the community has begun to heal.

Cheers to all!

SLYC (Wetnboy)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]