Page banner image

Billy Has Two Moms

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Love2GetUWet on September 25, 2021 at 23:25:41

Hello everyone - if you've ever read any of my posts you know most of my water fun experiences are around kids. I'm a life-long youth leader, parent and grandparent. Currently there's been an explosion of kids coming out of their homes in our neighborhood, and all but one of them has engaged with my GK and I in wet and muddy fun over the years. About a month ago, a kid who I today realized has been living just 3 doors down, but is only a few months apart in age from my GK, well he's been out on his bike and playing recently. Somewhat of a sharp dresser for a 9yo, handsome boy and has both ears pierced with some sort of fake (I hope) jewel stud.

Billy (masking real name) knocked on our door today and my welcoming son invited him in. It is my habit to get to know parents, and ANYtime a kid is in my home, I want to know that that kid's parent knows he's at my place, so I like to exchange #'s and txt "kid status" msgs :). SO, having just got to know this boy, after a few min I asked for his mom's number and he gave it to me. I sent her a txt, and then came down to her house. After 10 min of friendly conversation, I realize the woman I'm talking to called herself the boy's "StepMom" - and that his mom was in the shower. I didn't blink or show any kind of judgement, we continued to talk.

As a normal precaution I warn ALL the neighbors that water play is very common at our home and that "Billy might not come home as clean or dry as he had come to us. She was totally ok with that (which I was glad to hear) as "Billy" had hinted he wanted to join in the action recently. So we NOW have a green light.

OK, I've set the table, but i'm looking for advice from those of you on this board: I have never actually had a gay couple as neighbors. I've never had a kid of a gay couple become friends with my kid. My wife and I celebrated 40 years of marriage back in June. We are a traditional couple and have very typical Christian/Biblical worldview - one that believes that marriage is exclusively between one man and one woman. My special-needs GK is developmentally delayed in a number of areas. We are taking our time and being careful to share things with the kid only WHEN we believe he's ready for it.

So now I'm in a quandry - not wanting to have to try to explain our point of view to our GK, I'm not sure I'm completely comfortable with having him hang out down at this kid's house, as I'm not ready to engage him yet in the big picture of the culture of those who live different from us, and yet, he may be ready to have certain "discussions" and start this road (he'll be 10 in January, but is about 5-7yo developmentally).

This gal was nice and I'm in not at all uncomfortable having them down the street from us, but I feel the need to discourage too much time around them as I don't know if he's ready to process them being (appropriately) affectionate with each other in front of him. Can I handle the "why were those 2 ladies kissing" question? Yes, but it feel like it's a little to early for my boy. I've had to explain a variety of things to him like any parent has to with their kids, I was just hoping to forestall this conversation until I saw more maturity in him and a readiness to help him see this world of many "colors."

I am fairly certain what many of you might say, but I'm still interested in your thoughts.

Thank you,
L2GUW

Your thoughts?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]