Page banner image

Seventeen at last!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charlie on September 16, 2021 at 19:04:10

Kayne and I both turned 17 on Tuesday (finding out we had the same birthday after we met just cemented the friendship) and we both had our first driving lesson today after school. Kayne has been able to drive for a while and has been practicing up and down the driveway etc for some time so is pretty proficient at the mechanics of it all. Unlike me who only really picked up the rudiments since moving in here with Kayne - my dad had no interest it telling me about driving and would have killed me if I had attempted anything at home. My lesson was just the basics and went reasonably well despite the kangaroo starts and the stalling ... oh and the terrible gear changes. As our instructor said "You can only get better, sonny!". Kayne is learning on Jamie's BMW i3 which is electric and automatic - far easier to drive - and has been told by his uncle Dan that it is now his own car. I am learning on my mum's car, a manual Audi A3, so have to cope with gears. I don't think I am a natural driver but Kevin has told me that he will take me out on L plates and give me tuition between lessons, which is nice of him, as my mum wants nothing to do with teaching or coaching me - she's a nervous driver at the best of times so that is probably a good thing.

After our lessons Kevin pushed me in the pool to stop me moaning about how hard driving was and then started telling me all about his escapades taking and driving cars when he was part of a gang at 13 or 14 years old and they had to prove themselves as the youngest members. Not sure that his experiences are a good role model for me as a learner driver but it does sound very exciting in a scary way, with lots of car chases with the police and other gangs. He says all that sort of thing is way behind him now but he seemed to still get a thrill out of telling the stories. I managed to get Kayne as wet as me as well so that was an added bonus. Can't beat having an unexpected swim fully clothed in jeans, tee-shirt, socks, briefs and trainers and that feeling of the water draining out of your clothes as you get out of the pool with everything clinging and feeling wet against the skin. Happy days.

We have a birthday party happening on Saturday with a load of friends here so that will be fun, and no doubt we will end up in the pool again.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]