Page banner image

I'm Being Overrun!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Love2GetUWet on August 21, 2021 at 06:36:17

I have been keeping up on the threads here, but haven't had as much time to write, but thought I'd post a simple note... In the past 4-5 months, my Grandkid (GK) has developed a ton of buddies, mostly boys up and down the street. Wouldn't ya know it, but there's 2 up 1 street, then another, oh right a 4th, and then about 6 weeks ago, a family with 4 awesome kids all under 9 Yo, moved in and our families hit it off immediately! of the 4, it's 2 boys (8 and 4) and 2 girls (6 and 1) and all 4 of them LOVE playing in the water, and so do all but one of the other kids. Today I had my GK and 5 other kids in an hour long water fight, with everyone (at my stern recommendation) wearing shoes and socks most in shorts, and the 1 girl in leggings. I was wearing jeans, T-shirt, shoes and socks myself. One of the kids that joined us was a visitor, but we did have several "on-lookers" - kids that either couldn't join or weren't interested, and we had a blast! Everyone eventually, shoes 'n all jumped in the 10 gallon bucket I have for filling up water guns. What was awesome for me is that one kid, about 2 yrs younger than my GK, has shown himself to be a TRUE wacky-wetter, and literally every time he comes around the corner on his bike, first thing I hear is, "can we have water play today??? or "how 'bout another late night water fight??" we've had those a few times when it was still 85deg. out at 830pm. In fact when we got to know the new neighbors, one of their first "introductions" to my crazy house was them coming down the street to watch about 6 or seven kids, a few in jeans/t's/shoes and sox, all soaked and having a blast. Their kids were ACHIING to join us, and for the 2nd time today they got to do so. I'm so blessed that my son has so many friends he can play with - seems we knew no one during covid, then as it let up, everyone is DYING for connection, and I've made it a wet one as often as possible. OH yeah, the kid who lives round the corner that's really into getting wet, saw us getting started. He asked if he could join, and I noticed he had on brand new canvas hi-top vans - all black - awesome looking shoes, and I thought "I'll do the right thing and send him home to get his old shoes..." and he raced home and before you knew it, was back, and his parents said to my shock, "go ahead and get your new one's wet, they'll dry" - (This kid has come home a dozen times from our house totally drenched and I guess I've conditioned them well!) He had such fun telling me, "They said I could get them wet!!" and was quickly jumping in and out of the water tub, beautiful new jet black canvas vans and black socks splishing and splashing away! I'm being overrun, I tells ya!

-L2GUW

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]